Saturday, March 29, 2014

Redneck Road Rage/Instant Karma

Maybe you've seen the viral video, Redneck Road Rage/Instant Karma. A Youtube user under the name Florida Driver captured a man in a pickup truck tailgating her, then flipping her off and swerving at her.  Except that when he intentionally swerved, he lost control and wound up crashing into the median!  The woman has since disabled comments on the video, which is now closing in on 7 million views, because of some of the hateful comments directed at HER, for laughing at the road rager as he crashed his truck!   I must say, as someone who's had to put up with a redneck road rager myself, I say "More power to you, girl!"  Here's the video:

Here's her response to why she disabled the comments: Sorry to delete the previous text, but YouTube only gives me so much room for the info. So apparently there are those that didn't understand the whole concept of "disabled commenting" and instead took to messaging me their hate and vitriol. So you have forced me to disable messaging as well. To those that were commenting "Chin up, you did the right thing" I thank you. Your comments, while I might not have had time to respond to all, were read. To those in the media wanting interviews, I'm sure you'll be able to find another way to reach me. To those internet trolls who have nothing better to do with their day than go all over the interwebs and spread hate... do me a favor? Look up some Bob Marley music on YouTube, because you could use a little enlightenment and a better mood. Today has been interesting to say the least. I've done more talking in the past two days than I've done in my collective life it seems. It's been scary at times, and shocking. I never intended for this to go this viral. I'm a very private person and enjoy my peace and quiet with my dog, my fish, and my ukulele. I've never shaken so much from nerves and honestly I'm not sleeping well over this... partly because Good Morning America woke me up at 6 this morning wanting permission to use my video on their show. Apparently this has made all of the media rounds. The Today Show, GMA, Jimmy Kimmel, and it's blown up worldwide. But hey, if Jimmy Fallon wants a personal interview... I'll be there! While I'm completely humbled at how fast the internet has taken and run with this, it's quite scary. The comments, while most being funny and witty, some are hateful, vengeful, and heartbreaking. I would NEVER wish death upon anyone. I can't comprehend what would make a person say that to someone. It's nearly brought me to tears. I'm a very sensitive soul. Some people have commented and told me I should do the ads on here to make money, and as of now, it's on!!! I'd like to thank all the fine folks on G+ that helped me out. I just want this media frenzy to end though. It was not my intention for this to get so big. It was a funny video, I thought it would get maybe a few thousand views at best, but this is just crazy. Of all the important things going on around the world, civil wars erupting in countries all around the globe, and the fact that it's almost 2015 and we still have no hoverboard or flying cars (Bob Zemeckis, one of my favorite directors... you lied to us!), I find it hilarious that these videos go so viral so fast. It's overwhelming. Especially since I'm kind of "anti-pop culture". It's really weird. Next thing I know I'll be seeing a T-Shirt saying "Haha, that's what you get!" Please... don't. Or do... as long as I get a cut ;) I would like to thank some of the folks I spoke with today via the phone. Inside Edition was amazing to interview with, both respectful and courteous. Todd Schnitt from the Schnitt Show, of which I'm a huge fan of, was AMAZING! Thank you so much. Cowhead (yes that's his name) from the Cowhead Show, thank you so much for being so cool. To all the local Tampa affiliates and everyone I mentioned above that respected my privacy I appreciate that. Unfortunately there are those in the media that have released my full name even after I asked them not to, hiding behind a "public record" excuse, you know who you are, that wasn't cool. And on top of that, they put my location too. Gee, I've already mentioned the people wishing death upon me, you just put my life at risk! Thanks for that. But I digress. Hopefully in a few days this will run its course and I can get back to being little old me. As the Fresh Prince sang, "My life got flipped-turned upside down". PS to all the Redditors out there... while I am a member of Reddit, the people that are posting my video on there... aren't me. So don't hate on the OP, they're just trying to steal some Karma, and honestly, they can have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment